Account Executive, New Business | Octagon Sports and Entertainment APPLY NOW
Location: Charlotte, North Carolina
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT / Octagon is looking for someone with a highly developed curiosity for the business of sports & entertainment to support Octagon’s New Business team. You possess strong organizational, presentation, and analytical skills and a sophisticated capacity to communicate across the organization to both request and secure needed resources. You will also be inherently and passionately proactive, chipping in beyond assigned work.
This role will support the New Business team in crafting fully integrated and compelling RFP/RFI responses that highlight our agency’s premier capabilities, while demonstrating our ground-breaking creativity and deep reservoir of subject matter expertise across an array of specialized services.
This includes upping our game to focus on winning every touch point with a potential client, including well before the RFI/RFP is issued, to ensure that we have built an authentic connection to the decision maker(s) and sit in prime position to win the bid. This includes staying on the pulse of what is going on in the industry, contributing to our overarching prospecting strategy, tracking engagements with potential clients, and developing research and point-of-view documents for our internal Leadership team!
THE WORK YOU’LL DO
- Support the RFP/RFI response process, collaborating with various Octagon constituencies (Octagon Account Teams, Creative, Strategy, Experiential, Property Rights Consulting, Finance, Legal etc.) to develop the content for each response, and helping to shepherd submissions from beginning to end
- Build, maintain and update a cataloged database of case studies, along with “stock” or customized response information (e.g., Octagon capabilities, client roster, property experience etc.) that can be quickly accessed by Octagon colleagues
- Regular correspondence with various Octagon constituencies to ensure the new business team maintains access to the most recent case studies, credentials and marketing/sales materials
- Information sourcing and creation of our weekly internal newsletter
- Support a core team of senior executives with new business target research on brands and industries
- Assisting our marketing efforts through content calendar planning, sourcing information for external posts, and coordination on marketing events
- Periodically engage in project work and event planning support as assigned
THE BIGGER TEAM YOU’LL JOIN
Where others see complexity, we see possibility.
Octagon is the global sports, entertainment and experiential marketing arm of the Interpublic Group. But if that classification doesn’t do it for you, and it shouldn’t, let’s take it a step further.
We are what we believe. And we believe that while the world of sports and entertainment is full of opportunities and possibilities, sometimes the amount of choice can seem a little overwhelming. Even daunting.
That’s where we come into play.
At Octagon we inspire brands, talent, and our people to see the world for all its potential. We then help break down the complexity and push forward so you can make your next right move.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- A fan of sports, entertainment, culture and cause with a genuine curiosity and hunger to be on the cusp of innovation in sponsorship
- 1-3 years of experience with an agency or business development/sales experience
- Strong PowerPoint and Excel skills
- Dedicated, quick learner who can problem solve and find solutions
- A “no job is too small or too big” attitude
- An ability to communicate effectively, both oral and written. Public speaking/presenting experience and comfortability engaging with Senior Executives
- You are coachable and are willing to adapt in a fast-paced work environment
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- A sense of humor and ability to tell a good story (we like to laugh)
- Willingness to work non-traditional hours with some weekend travel
|||North Carolina |||Octagon Sports and Entertainment ||||||OX75YsjJuJMGYCyO|||FULL_TIME|||USD|||HOUR|||single||||||||||||false