Account Trainee, Golf Events | Octagon Sports and Entertainment APPLY NOW
Location: Stamford, Connecticut
Octagon is looking for an Account Trainee to assist in the execution of a few different unique golf programs! This opportunity is ideal for someone who enjoys the multi-faceted world of event execution – detail orientation, organization, communication, problem solving and multi-tasking. All programs provide different opportunities for learning and growth within the event space!
All applicants must provide proof of COVID vaccination or contact the organization’s HR team if eligible for an exemption.
THE WORK YOU’LL DO
- Staff 15-20 amateur charity golf events as part of the Champions for Charity Program
- Educate all event parties (client, charity, golf course staff, etc.) regarding program details
- Implement sponsorship on-site on behalf of local dealerships (i.e. signage, displays, hole-in-one contest, photographs for recaps & social media, promotion of the National Championship auction/raffle)
- Complete all post-event follow up and evaluations
- Coordinate travel within specific budget parameters
- Assist in the planning and execution of up to 10 activation events at golf courses, promoting shot analysis technology to course members
- Support the activation teams in pre-event golf course communication, travel planning, branding plans, and on-site event execution
- Assist in the planning and execution of high-end corporate golf outings featuring PGA/LPGA Tour ambassadors
- Support the outing team on food and beverage menus, branding plans, gifting experiences, event layouts, and golf course communication
- Travel to event locations to assist in outing execution
- Assist in the planning and execution of a PGA Tour Champions event in Cary, NC
- Support the event staff on several different aspects including the volunteer program, vendor management, merchandise, marketing and media management, sponsorship support, guest travel and hotel blocks, and special event coordination
THE BIGGER TEAM YOU’LL JOIN
Where others see complexity, we see possibility.
Octagon is the global sports, entertainment and experiential marketing arm of the Interpublic Group. But if that classification doesn’t do it for you, and it shouldn’t, let’s take it a step further.
We are what we believe. And we believe that while the world of sports and entertainment is full of opportunities and possibilities, sometimes the amount of choice can seem a little overwhelming. Even daunting.
That’s where we come into play.
At Octagon we inspire brands, talent, and our people to see the world for all its potential. We then help break down the complexity and push forward so you can make your next right move.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- A Passion for and expertise in sports, entertainment, gaming, music and/or celebrity & lifestyle culture
- An interest in golf is a plus, but not required. More importantly, you love the hustle and bustle of events and all the moving pieces leading up to and during the event
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field
- Polished communication skills, both written and oral
- Strong desire to work in a team setting
- Confident ability to solve problems, demonstrate initiative, and present a proactive work ethic
- Strong organization skills, with the ability to multi-task, and commit to strict timelines
- Mature business sense and ability to work alongside clients daily
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, and the internet
- Interest in sports and event management as a long-term career
- The position will require significant travel (50-75%), including working non-traditional hours during weekends, nights, and holidays
|||Connecticut |||Octagon Sports and Entertainment ||||||ulKVr14rENK2b7HU|||TEMPORARY|||USD|||HOUR|||single||||||||||||false